I borrowed this idea from my friend J. She sent Little S a Halloween shirt that was just adorable. It was green and had black ribbon and little Halloween buttons decorating it. I took the idea and made this Christmas shirt. I had plans to get Valentine’s and St. Patrick’s shirts done but at the rate I am going, I should probably skip Easter too and just head straight for summer and Fourth of July! I love that this shirt can be created for any holiday and it washes great!
To create this t-shirt:
- Find any type of shirt (tank top, long sleeved, short sleeved).
- Choose your matching ribbon and buttons. The ribbon can be any size you wish. For this shirt, I chose to make all of the ribbon the same size, 3/8, and I used plain round buttons. For Valentine’s Day, you might choose hearts. For Easter, you might use eggs or little chicks!
- Next, I sewed the ribbon. Instead of folding one big piece of ribbon, I found that it worked best for me if I cut three equal pieces, folded them over, and stitched them together separately.
- Place the bow where you would like on shirt. Sew the button to the middle of the bow while at the same time sewing the entire thing to the shirt.
- Repeat for each bow/button you will place!