Since I have been staying at home, I have gotten into cooking meals that can be frozen and eaten later. We don’t always eat homemade frozen meals but when I am not in the mood to cook a meal it is great to be able to pull out a meal that is ready to pop in the oven without any prep or fuss!
Chicken Divan Casserole is one of our favorite meals. This recipe is great. You can throw it together and cook it in the same day, throw it together and freeze it, or throw it together and take it to a friend who needs a prepared dinner.
- 2 cups of dry rice, cooked to package specifications
- 2-4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 box frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp curry powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place mixture in a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until top is golden
- If you are going to freeze the meal, freeze before baking. When ready to eat, bake at 350 degrees for about 45m or until heated through.
- You can also freeze in individual servings: once it has been cooked, cut into individual serving sizes and place on a small tray or plate. Cover with tin foil and leave in freezer for a few hours. Once the individual serving sizes are frozen, separately bag in freezer bags. When you are ready to eat, reheat in microwave for a few minutes until heated through.
Linking up to: