I have an adorable little ballerina at home. I also have two adorable little niece ballerinas (at least I think they are both still ballerinas!). What more could a little ballerina ask for then cozy little leg warmers to cover her skinny little legs in the wintertime?! Leg warmers aren’t a tough pattern to create. It really was just a matter of decided on the right number of stitches to cast on. The rest kind of took care of itself! So here is a quick and easy knit for anyone who knows how to knit in the round.
This is going to make a great gift for all the little girls in the family, even if they aren’t ballerinas. I’ll probably knit a pair up for myself too! Each leg warmer only took me the length of one movie to knit!
- Skill level:
- Intermediate (knitting in the round with dpns required)
- Size 8 dpns and size 10 dpns (US)
- 2 small/medium skeins chunky yarn
- Using size 8 dpns (US) CO 38 Stitches. Join, being careful not to twist
- Row 1 – 8: Knit rib stitch: *k2, p2 *repeat to end
- Row 9 – 63 (or desired length): Change to size 10 dpns and knit every row
- Row 64 – 72: Change back to size 8 dpns (US) and resume rib stitch *k2, p2 *repeat to end
- Row 73: *K2tog, yo, p2 *repeat to end
- Row 74: *k2, p2 *repeat to end
- Weave in ends
- Thread a ribbon or threads of yarn through eyelets and tie in a bow