The other day, a pal of mine posted a picture of a s’mores brownie on Instagram. I decided that they had to be easy enough to make and they looked delicious! While we try to avoid boxed food for the most part, there are a few things that I splurge on. Brownie mix is one of them. I happened to have all of the ingredients in my pantry and we had a small lunch to attend so I made them to take with us.
These brownies were ridiculously easy to make but they tasted heavenly. I used a regular brownie box mix but the marshmallows, grahams and chocolate chips make them downright delicious! I may never be able to eat a plain brownie again!
A tip for you: These brownies need to cool completely. I let them cool for about an hour and the marshmallow made it difficult to remove the brownie from the pan. The next morning, I was able to use a pizza cutter to cut the brownie into neater (but not perfect!) pieces that could be placed on a plate.
- One 13x9 brownie mix
- One bag of marshmallows
- 3 graham crackers, crumbled
- handful of chocolate chips
- Bake brownie mix according to directions.
- Remove brownie and cover with marshmallows. I used about 3/4 of the bag.
- At this point, I was undecided as to whether I should add the crackers and chocolate chips before putting it back into the oven. I decided to add them after.
- Put brownie covered with marshmallows back into the over and bake for 3-5 minutes or until marshmallows are beginning to melt.
- Remove from over and immediately sprinkle graham crumbles and chocolate chips. I sort of pushed them into the marshmallow.
- Cool completely and serve.
- I wasn't able to cut neat squares until the next day. Allow the brownie to cool completely before cutting so it doesn't fall apart.