*If you weren’t the lucky winner of the giveaway last week, we have another chance to grab a Gooseberry Patch book. Read all the way through the post to see how to enter.
After Marissa posted her Skillet Apples and Pork Chop recipe last week, I have had the meal on the brain. I was thrilled to see a pork and apple recipe in our newest Gooseberry Patch Early Reviewer cookbook, 101 Super Easy Slow-Cooker Recipes.
I love my slow cooker and would likely cook every meal in it if it were possible. I am always looking for new recipes and this one will make it into our monthly rotation.
- 4 lb pork loin roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 apples, cored and quartered
- 1/4 c apple juice
- 3 T brown sugar, packed
- 1 t. ground ginger
- Season roast on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Brown roast in broiler.
- Put apples in slow cooker and place roast on top.
- In a bowl, whisk together juice, brown sugar, and ginger; drizzle over roast.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 6 hours or until roast is done and apples are tender.
- I am not a huge fan of the ginger flavor so I would probably leave that out next time. After six hours on high, the pork shredded rather than sliced. This would be a great dish to serve with a sandwich roll.
Do you want to win a copy of the book for yourself?
How to Enter
We will be giving away ONE copy of the cookbook to one lucky winner. If you would like a chance to win, leave us a comment in this post and tell us about your favorite slow cooker meal. Leave your comment before April 16, 2014 at 9:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
Don’t worry about being creative in your comment, the winner will be chosen by a random number generator. Please make sure that you fill out the required fields by putting your first name in the name field and your email address in the email address field. We do not share email addresses and you will not receive emails from Threaded Together unless you win.
We will choose ONE winner randomly and announce the results here on Threaded Together sometime after April 16, 2014.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 states and the District of Columbia and who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. For this giveaway, entrants can enter 1 time. We will disqualify any entries that we believe are generated by scripts and other automated technology and Threaded Together assumes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries due to SPAM, technological issues or for prizes lost in transit. No substitutions including for cash are permitted, except Threaded Together reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any prize. Void where prohibited by law. Winners shall be responsible and liable for all federal, state, and local taxes on the value of their prize. Relatives of Threaded Together are not eligible to win.
Because this is a family site and we get a lot of spam comments, all comments on this site are moderated. If you comment doesn’t show up right away, don’t worry!
Latest posts by Jen (see all)
- Christmas Cards That I Will Send - December 13, 2014
- Christmas Trolls by Jan Brett - December 4, 2014
- Gooseberry Patch 303 Simple and Satisfying Recipes Giveaway - November 30, 2014