Before I get to the main idea, I wanted to take a second to point out exactly how many Gooseberry Patch recipes we have shared with you over the years! Click on this link and it will take you to a list of all of our gooseberry patch links. Over 20 recipes to check out (all the previous giveaways have closed except this one). Read to the bottom and DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT to enter into the giveaway.
That’s right! We are SO thankful to be able to do ANOTHER cookbook giveaway! Debbie, Jen and Marissa all love a good cookbook, but Gooseberry Patch makes the only cookbooks that all three of us love all the time! I am pleased to review our most recent GP cookbook:
We are certainly no strangers to grilling out in my house and this cookbook is filled with fantastic ideas including kabobs, marinades, and more. There are pages upon pages of foil packet dinners and ways to cook over an open fire. I can’t wait to use some of these recipes to prepare for my son’s future Boy Scout camping trips. They are always doing something creative like boiling eggs in plastic bags and making tacos in bags of Doritos.
Until then, my family took advantage of the spring weather that finally appeared and we did some grilling out on the back deck. I chose Kiddies’ Chicken Packets on page 104 to start working through this cookbook. I am all about ease and something the whole family will like!
First you chop up all the ingredients and place them on top of a large piece of foil. Cover them with Italian dressing and seal them up in the foil packets.
How does this recipe sound to you? Want to see more? Hop on over to Gooseberry Patch’s website and check out the recipes they offer from this cookbook online.
- 1 c. Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 10 baby carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- Drizzle four 18-inch lengths of heavy-duty aluminum foil with one tablespoon salad dressing each. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Layer each piece of foil with one chicken breast, one tablespoon salad dressing, potatoes divided between packets, one tablespoon salad dressing and remaining vegetables divided between packets. Drizzle with remaining salad dressing. Fold foil together to make packets; seal tightly but allow a little room at the top. Grill over medium-low heat for 45 minutes, until chicken juices run clear when pierced. Packets may also be baked on baking sheets at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil is best for making grilling packets. To form a packet, bring up the sides and double-fold across the top, then crimp the ends closed. Leave a little extra space for heat to circulate inside. After cooking, watch out for escaping hot steam when you open the package.
Do you want to win a copy of the book for yourself?
How to Enter
We will be giving away ONE copy of the cookbook to one lucky winner. If you would like a chance to win, leave us a comment in this post and tell us about your favorite grilling dish or treat. Leave your comment before May 9, 2014 at 9:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
Don’t worry about being creative in your comment, the winner will be chosen by a random number generator. Please make sure that you fill out the required fields by putting your first name in the name field and your email address in the email address field. We do not share email addresses and you will not receive emails from Threaded Together unless you win.
We will choose ONE winner randomly and announce the results here on Threaded Together sometime after May 9, 2014.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 states and the District of Columbia and who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. For this giveaway, entrants can enter 1 time. We will disqualify any entries that we believe are generated by scripts and other automated technology and Threaded Together assumes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries due to SPAM, technological issues or for prizes lost in transit. No substitutions including for cash are permitted, except Threaded Together reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any prize. Void where prohibited by law. Winners shall be responsible and liable for all federal, state, and local taxes on the value of their prize. Relatives of Threaded Together are not eligible to win.
Because this is a family site and we get a lot of spam comments, all comments on this site are moderated. If you comment doesn’t show up right away, don’t worry!